About this policy
Note It Pty Ltd (ACN 631 968 299) (“Note It”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting personal information we collect from you. We have implemented measures to comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Act.
This policy explains how we deal with your personal information. It applies to your use of our website and online systems (“Site” or together, “Sites”) whether accessed directly or through an application that is made available to you.
Why does Note It collect your personal information?
What personal information does Note It collect?
The types of information we collect include:
- company details; such as company name, ABN, address and payment details, company administrator name and email address.
- personnel details; such as name, date of birth, gender, employment type, employment status, company, email, ID number, position title, and line manager.
- data collected for statistical and maintenance purposes, to enable us to evaluate the performance of our Sites. This may include the number of users visiting a Site, the time and duration of visits, and the path taken through the Site.
Importantly, we do not collect any personal information we do not need.
How does Note It collect your personal information?
Your personal information will usually be collected by us when you:
- onboard a company or its personnel to our Site;
- when you request information about an add-on or other product of interest to you;
- when you provide feedback on our services; and
- when you engage with us via social media.
In relation to the use of our Site, we may collect personal information through the use of:
- Third party tracking and tag manager software. This may result in the collection of the following types of information:
- when you engage with us via social media.
- general Site usage, including button clicks, page views, general location of users;
- interests of users;
- number of downloads and installs by device (Android and iOS); and
- crashes and exception reporting for system monitoring.
- we may implement and use display advertising;
- we may use re-marketing with Google Analytics and Bing Ads to advertise online;
- third-party vendors, including Google Analytics and Bing Ads, may show our ads on sites across the Internet; and
- users can opt-out by utilising Google's Opt-Out Browser Add On
(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/).
What if you don't provide Note It with the personal information it requires?
If you cannot or will not provide us with the personal information we reasonably require, we may be unable to provide the services you wish to receive or use.
How does Note It use your information?
We use your personal information to:
- identify you and assist you in your use of our services;
- provide you with the services you require;
- determine which services best suit your needs, and allow us to personalise information provided to you;
- promote and market our current and future products that we consider may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe or opt out of push notifications at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications; and
- conduct research (including but not limited to client surveys) to develop our current and future products.
Personal information will only be accessible to nominated users who have been given express permission by the company, and such access will be restricted. Typically, nominated users can only see personal information of personnel who directly report to that nominated user or occupy a function within the users area of responsibility.
Note It will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). That includes where we collect information from you and you would reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent to you we will give you the opportunity to "opt-out" of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information to our contractors and service providers for any purpose in connection with our services, and sometimes for direct marketing purposes (unless you opt out). We may also disclose information about you to a third party located outside Australia where it relates to the purpose for which that information was collected, is required to maintain our records (including our IT systems), or for the administration of any Note It processes.
Other than for these purposes, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- you authorise us to do so;
- the disclosure is in connection with the purposes for which we collected your personal information;
- your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk; or
- we are required or permitted by law.
We are committed to retaining as much of your personal information in Australia as possible. However, some of our third-party service providers may be based outside of Australia. For example, we may share your information with parties in the United States of America and countries in the European Union. The personal information that these third parties may receive includes the following types of personal information: user name, contact details, company name and payment details and related information. When we do this, we require that these parties take appropriate measures to protect that information, and to restrict how they can use that information.
Is your personal information secure?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information we hold is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. We only permit our authorised personnel to access your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information you send us is, to the extent reasonably possible, secure and protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites. We make no warranty as to the accuracy or content of those linked sites, or that such links will remain current or be maintained.
We want to ensure that you make payments with complete confidence online. When making payments through our Sites, your financial details, including credit card number, are passed through a secure server using the latest Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) encryption technology. HTTPS is the industry-standard and helps protect your personal details online.
Rights of access and correction
You have a right to access your personal information we have collected. For security reasons, you may request details of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a reasonable fee for the retrieval of your personal information, to cover our administrative costs.
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete, or up-to-date, it is important that you contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Need more information or want to make a complaint?
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter: The Privacy Officer, Note It Pty Ltd, Level 36, Gateway Tower, 1 Macquarie Place Sydney NSW 2000.